Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The holidays 2012

So I realize it has been waaaay to long since I updated our blog. I think I have mostly lacked motivation and I have been terrible about taking pictures on anything but my phone. Also nothing to exciting has happened this looong winter.
 
I will start with a little update on the past few months I think I left off in October so I will start with November (the best I can remember it).
 
We had our first big snow storm this month. We have been getting soooo much snow here in Utah, seriously I really don't remember a year with so much snow. Or snow that hung around on the ground as long as it did. Any way the first big snow storm and Nate and I decided to take Jace swimming. We went to the Clearfied Aquatic center, the main pool was closed and the water was freeeezing so we didn't stay long. It was still a lot of fun.
 
For Thanksgiving this year we went down to Arizona for a long weekend to visit my mom. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures but we sure had a lot of fun. Jace was awesome on both of he 12 hour drives we took. He was really good about eating snacks and looking out the window. We were seriously so blessed with the kids we have! My mom lives in the woods in a really cool log cabin so it really felt like a real vacation. While we were there we headed down to phoenix where we shopped and ate ice cream OUTSIDE in 80 degree weather. It was actually hot! I could def. get used to that. I would love living somewhere with year round hot weather. It was a nice get away and we had a lot of fun! I unfortunately didn't get any pics. :(
 
that basically sums up our November
 
Our December seemed like a blur.We did all the traditional things. Spaghetti factory and lights with the Drysdales, all the christmas parties, spending time with the family. It seems like my mom got to come down in December almost every weekend and she got to come for a whole week for Christmas. I love when she comes cuz she stays with us so I get the most time with her :)
 
Unfortunately our Chistmas this year was a total dud :( Nate woke up that morning with the stomach flu so he spent the day in bed. We didn't even end up opening presents for a few days later. Thankfully Jace is still young enough that he didn't realize what was going on so he wasn't disappointed.
 
Grandma Carin, Cousin Benson and Jace man at the family christmas party. Oh did I mention we have spent like this whole winter being sick? Ugh it has been awful! Jace had croup and in this picture he was coming down with RSV hopfully now the weather has warmed up a bit we will stay healthy.
 
Sweet baby finally got his Christmas the next day. Like always he was spoiled. I can't believe how much he has grown since Christmas! Ugh time goes way too fast.
 
We spent the rest of the week spending as much time as we could with my mom. Mostly shopping and going to dinner.
 
Dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings. The medium wing sauce and the soft pretzels were my biggest craving this pregnacy :)
 
Little man just couldn't take a full day of shopping with the girls ;)
 
Dinner at the Timbermine
 
Belly pic. :)
 
Twins at New Years lunch
 
Bowling with the Drysdales
 
We spent New Years Eve with family and rang in the New Year just us two after Jace went to bed and I wouldn't have had it any other way :)